Share/Save/Bookmark

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fresh Skincare

We try everything,from scrubs to masks to special soaps,but our"combination skin"is always either completely oily,dry,and flaky all at the same time!
The problem usually gets worse in spring,which is especially frustrating.I want good skin to pull off the season's bright,cheery makeup colors!
We were busy complaining about it one day when I decided to DO something about it.I asked Jill,one of our awesome beauty editors here at the magazine,give us some tips for dealing with"combination"skin.Here they are,CG!s.You can thank me later!
1.Mix up your moisturizers!Use a richer cream on dry areas(for me,it's my cheeks and upper forehead),but try an oil-free matte on areas that tend to get oily—like your forehead,nose,and chin.
2.Don't overwash.Jill says that although a cleanser with salicylic acid is great(Rachel and I both use Neutrogena),too much washing can overdry combination skin.Switch off with a cream cleanser on your dry days so you don't flake.
3.Blotting sheets rock.They won't mess up your makeup or dry out your skin,but you can use them anywhere to get rid of excess oil(yes!).
And my most recent find for perfect skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment